Friday, June 24, 2011

Reducing is the name of the game & we're keeping score

My hubby Jim isn't just chipping and slicing on the golf course these days.  He's actually working the TOPS program along with me and has lost 13 pounds in the first 3 weeks. I beat him out with a 20 pound loss in the same time frame, but who's keeping score. We are of course! This is the first time in our marriage that we're actually working at reducing and improving our fitness together as a team. Back in the day, he was a dashing and slim Jim in his military uniform. Now, as is par for the course in many of us baby boomers, we don't look a bit like the person hidden somewhere under our layers of bulky body-fat insulation. It is so much easier to change my eating habits when Jim is also working on changing his. I'm very thankful we're playing the losing game together this time and proud of his great success on the first fairway of the TOPS course. We've got a long way to go before we reach the 19th hole, but we both have a dream, desire, TOPS team and plan to be winners. I'll keep you posted on our progress.